What to do
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the basil aioli in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes).
- Flip the bread and spread the goat chèvre over each piece. Compile 4 grilled cheeses by adding desired amount of sliced beets and watercress to a slice of bread and topping it with another slice of bread.
- Place the sandwiches back in the oven until warmed through (about 3 minutes).
- Remove sandwiches from oven and place on plates. Carefully lift the top slice off of each sandwich and drizzle basil aioli inside. Replace top slice and cut the sandwiches in half to serve.
What you’ll Need
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, minced
A pinch of sea salt
8 thick slices of bread
4 ounces of goat chèvre
1 8.8-ounce package of Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
2 handfuls watercress (or microgreens of choice!)