What to do
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth and well-combined.
- Heat a non-stick or a pancake griddle to a medium0high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Once hot, measure 1/4 cup of pancake batter and pour onto a hot surface. Allow batter to cook until sides have set up and pancakes turn a deeper red, about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully flip and continue cooking until cooked through, about 2-3 more minutes. Note: pancakes made with almond flour take longer to cook than traditional wheat flour pancakes.
- Repeat for remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with homemade whipped cream and/or maple syrup.
What you’ll Need
1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons cane sugar or coconut sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, chopped
1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil
1/4 cup coconut milk or cow’s milk