What to do
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease your donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, beet powder, and beet juice or milk of your choice (if using) until a thick paste forms. Whisk in the apple cider, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, potato starch, baking powder, salt, and spices. Add the dry ingredients into the wet a little at a time until everything is combined.
- Add the batter to a piping bag (or a large ziploc with a bottom corner snipped) and fill the donut cavities 3/4 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes, checking at 12 minutes for doneness, until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean and donuts are golden. Remove donuts from pan, rinse, dry, and grease donut pan, and repeat with remaining batter.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together the sugars and cinnamon. Once the donuts are completely cool, dunk them in the topping, gently turning them to cover their sides and tops. Enjoy
**These donuts are best when eaten the day of, but can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
What you’ll Need
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp Love Beets Beet Powder
½ cup Love Beets Beet Juice, or ½ cup non-dairy milk
2/3 cup organic apple cider, at room temperature
½ cup coconut sugar
6 tbsp liquid coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 large pasture-raised eggs, room temperature
1½ cups blanched almond flour
½ cup potato starch
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp fine sea salt
1tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg (or ground nutmeg)
¼ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated cane sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon