What to do
Prepare the Soup
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and fennel and sauté, stirring frequently, until the onion begins to turn translucent (about eight minutes).
- Add garlic, potatoes, seasoning, and salt, and sauté for three minutes.
- Add broth and bring to full boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until potato is soft, about 20-30 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into a blender and add the chopped beets. Blend until completely smooth. Serve soup with roasted chickpeas and fennel fronds.
Roast the Chickpeas
- While the soup is simmering on the stove, prepare the roasted chickpeas.
- Add the chickpeas to a mixing bowl and toss them with the coconut oil, ground ginger, and salt. Spread the chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until browned and crispy.
What you’ll Need
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 8.8 ounce package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets
1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt