What to do
Make the Raspberry Vinaigrette:
- Add the ingredients for the vinaigrette to a small blender and blend until smooth. Taste dressing for flavor and add more pure maple syrup and/or sea salt to taste. For a thinner consistency, add a couple tablespoons of water. Refrigerate in a sealed jar until ready to use.
Make the Terrine:
- Wash the golden beets and boil them for 30 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork. Drain the water and allow beets to cool. Peel the beets, then slice them thinly using a sharp knife or mandolin slicer.
- While the golden beets are boiling, slice the cooked Love Beets and pat the slices dry with a paper towel. Stir together the goat cheese, fresh herbs, and a sprinkle of sea salt in a mixing bowl. Note: goat cheese will be easiest to work with at room temperature.
- Line a 9”x 5” loaf pan with plastic wrap (use enough so that you can fold the plastic wrap over the top of the terrine once it’s finished being built).
- Create an even layer of golden beets on the bottom of the loaf pan, then spread a layer of herbed goat cheese–it’s okay if the goat cheese doesn’t spread perfectly evenly–you can press it into the beets to try to even it out.
- Continue making layers of beets and goat cheese until you’re out of beets. The top layer should be beets.
- Fold the plastic wrap over the terrine nice and snug.
- Place another loaf pan on top of the wrapped terrine and add a few cans or jars to the top loaf pan to help weight the terrine down.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight).
- Gently pull on the sides of the plastic wrap to release the terrine from the loaf pan. You’ll notice there will be some liquid as the result of the beets being pressed–this is normal! Transfer the terrine to a cutting board and use a sharp knife to carefully cut slices. Serve with a drizzle of raspberry vinaigrette and a sprinkle of sea salt.
What you’ll Need
6 small golden beets
2 (8.8-ounce) packages Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets
1 pound goat cheese
3 tablespoons fresh herbs, finely chopped*
1 cup fresh raspberries
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
1/3 cup rice vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
Dash of cinnamon, optional
*You can use any combination of basil, parsley, sage, oregano, etc.