What to do
- Prepare the beet pesto by adding all of the ingredients to a small blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth (about two minutes).
- Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour or cornmeal onto a large baking sheet and roll out the pizza dough to desired thickness. Bake the pizza crust for 10 minutes, or until it’s firm.
- Remove the pizza crust from the over and spread the beet pesto onto it. Add the goat cheese on top in pinch-sized dollops.
- Sprinkle pine nuts across the pizza.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes – the crust should be golden brown and crispy.
- Remove pizza from the oven and cover with fresh arugula. Slice into large pieces and enjoy!
What you’ll Need
1 8.8-ounce package of Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, chopped
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
Beet Pesto Pizza:
1 pound prepared pizza dough
2/3 cup Beet Pesto
4 ounces goat cheese
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 large handful baby arugula