What to do
- Add the dark chocolate chips to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup of the coconut milk and the tapioca starch until smooth and all the lumps are out.
- Place the remaining coconut milk in a blender with the beets and cinnamon and blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer the coconut milk/beet mixture to a saucepan and heat over medium, just until the mixture begins to steam and become slightly frothy (don’t let it come to a boil). Add in the tapioca starch mixture and salt and whisk constantly until mixture is thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into the bowl with the chocolate chips. Stir until well combined and all of the chocolate chips have melted.
- Divide chocolate beet mixture among four or five 5-ounce ramekins, and allow them to cool slightly before placing them in the refrigerator. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
What you’ll Need
1 14-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons tapioca starch*
2 medium-sized Love Beets’ Cooked Beets
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 10-ounce bag of dark chocolate chips (about 2 cups worth)**
Pinch of salt
*Tapioca starch can be replaced with cornstarch
**To make this recipe vegan, use vegan chocolate chips