What to do
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and place the potatoes over a parchment lined baking sheet. Spray with olive oil spray and season with salt. Roast until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a plate and toss to coat with chopped parsley. Reserve the lined baking sheet to roast the salmon.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan, season with salt, and cook until bright green and lightly tender, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl with ice water to shock until cold. Transfer to plate lined with paper towel and let dry.
- Return water to the pot and cook the eggs, about 6 minutes for soft boiled and up to 10 minutes for a hard-boil. Transfer eggs to bowl of ice water and chill until cold. Peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, return to the baking sheet and place the salmon over the parchment paper. Spray with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast until medium cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes, keeping your eye on it to make sure it doesn’t over-cook. Let cool.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl combine the shallots, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and honey and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped capers and basil and set aside.
- Arrange the butter lettuce on a platter and drizzle with some of the dressing. Using a fork, break the salmon into large flakes and discard the skin. Top the salad of its components in separate piles over the lettuce with the salmon slices, quartered beets, potatoes, haricots verts, tomatoes, radishes, olives, halved eggs, and lemon wedges. Drizzle salad with remaining dressing and serve.
Note: All components of the salad with the exception of the butter lettuce, will keep well covered in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
What you’ll Need
8 ounces small multi-colored potatoes
1 tsp Kosher salt
¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
4 ounces haricots verts, trimmed
6 large eggs, soft-boiled
½ pound skin-on salmon fillet, cooked
1 head butter lettuce
1 (8.8-ounce) package Love Beets cooked beets, quartered
1 cup mixed tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
1 cup radishes, halved lengthwise
1 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced lengthwise
½ lemon, sliced into wedges
¼ cup red onion or shallots, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup white wine vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp Kosher salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp capers in water, chopped (optional)
¼ cup basil leaves, finely chopped