What to do
- Make the Dressing: In a mini food processor, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and pulse until smooth, but slightly chunky. Set aside.
- For the Quinoa: In a blender combine ½ of the beets from 1 package of the mild vinegar beets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and blend on high until very smooth. (May add 1-2 tablespoons of water to get the mixture to process smoothly, if needed.) Using a spatula, transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the cooked quinoa. Mix the quinoa with the pureed beets until the quinoa is stained bright pink. Season with salt and set aside.
- Make the Soft-Boiled Eggs: Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Slowly lower in the eggs and immediately set a timer for 6 ½ minutes. Prepare an ice bath for the eggs. As soon as the timer goes off, transfer the eggs to the ice bath. Allow them to cool for at least 3 minutes before carefully peeling. Slice in half just before serving.
- Create the Salads: Layer arugula into the bottom of four 16 oz glass jars. Add the shredded carrots, halved tomatoes, cucumber ribbons, and spoon over a layer of the quinoa into each jar. Top with the remaining whole mild vinegar beets, slices of watermelon radish, pistachios, and watercress leaves or even more arugula. Add half a soft-boiled egg to the top of each jar and snap a picture! 🙂
- Serve: Drop each jar into a bowl and toss to coat with some of the dressing.
*Salad jars keep well covered in the jar for up to 4 days, sans dressing.
What you’ll Need
½ cup yellow cherry tomatoes
2 cups fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp white or red onion, chopped
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp honey
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 (6.5oz) packages Love Beets Organic Mild Vinegar Beets
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 ½ cups cooked quinoa
¼ tsp sea salt
6 cups arugula
3 carrots, shredded
1 ½ cups yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber, thinly sliced into ribbons
½ watermelon radish, thinly sliced into wedges
¼ cup pistachios, chopped
1 bunch watercress leaves