What to do
Prepare the Pie Crust
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sea salt, and sage. Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter and continue mixing until pea-sized beads form.
- Stir together the cold water and yogurt in a small bowl. Slowly pour small amounts of liquid into the mixing bowl and stir well until a ball of dough forms. Form the dough into a disc and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours.
Prepare the Filling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spread the sweet potato slices over a baking sheet and lightly coat both sides with olive oil , sea salt, and pepper.
- Bake on the center rack for 20 minutes, flipping the slices half-way through.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Grate 1 cup-worth of gouda cheese, finely chop sage leaves until you have 1 tablespoon-worth, and slice the cooked beets into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
Prepare the Galette
- Heat the oven to 400°, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll into a circle that’s 1/8-inch thick.
- Transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the gouda and sage over the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches untouched around the edges.
- Layer the sliced beets and sweet potatoes over the cheese and fold the edges of the dough over the filling. Press the dough together to seal the edges.
- Brush the galette dough with olive oil or a beaten egg to ensure the crust doesn’t burn while baking.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Allow galette to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
What you’ll Need
1 1/4 all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
1/2 cup cold butter, chopped into chunks
1/4 cup ice water
1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
Beet and Sweet Potato Filling
1 cup gouda cheese, grated
1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds