What to do
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Open package of Love Beets Sweet and Smoky Shredded Beets and drain excess liquid in a small colander. While beets are draining, shred potatoes, carrot, and zucchini.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle a 1/2 tsp of salt over the veggies, toss with hands and let sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, rinse veggies and drain well. Squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible by wrapping the shredded vegetables in a thin, clean dish cloth and squeezing.
- Add shredded vegetables, beets, 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, egg, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper to food processor. Pulse until mixture comes together. If needed, add up to 1/4 cup of additional bread crumbs to the mixture and process until combined.
- Line a 12 x 16 baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Using a tablespoon, measure out and form your veggie tots into rectangular shapes.
- Roll veggie tots in breading mixture. Spray to coat lightly with olive oil spray. Bake for 30 minutes, until breading just begins to brown. Serve with ketchup or any other dipping sauce of your choice.
What you’ll Need
1 cup peeled and shredded yellow potato
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup shredded zucchini
1 package Love Beets Sweet and Smoky Shredded Beets
3/4-1 cup gluten free Italian bread crumbs, divided
1/3 cup shredded vegan mozzarella-style cheese
1/4 cup shredded vegan parmesan-style cheese
1/4 cup well chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp kosher salt, divided
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup shredded parmesan (vegan)
1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
Olive oil spray