What to do
- Line 8×8” square pan with parchment paper, letting it come up the sides.
- Make shortbread crust by crushing cookies into 2 cups of crumbs. Set aside ½ cup for later.
- Combine 1 ½ cups cookie crumbs with ¼ cup melted coconut oil.
- Press cookie mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan and freeze 20 minutes.
- Spread 1 pint of coconut frozen dessert evenly over crust.
- Freeze until firm.
- Blend sorbet with Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets until smooth, keeping as frozen as possible.
- Spread sorbet-beet mixture evenly over vanilla layer. Freeze until firm.
- Mix remaining ½ cup of cookie crumbs with Love Beets Beet Powder and 2 teaspoons coconut oil and set aside.
- Top layers with 1 pint coconut frozen dessert then cookie crumb-beet powder mixture. Freeze until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove bars from pan by lifting parchment paper then cut into 9-12 squares.
What you’ll Need
2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
¼ cup + 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
2 pints coconut frozen dessert (we used Nada Moo, Vanilla-ahhh)
1 pint berry sorbet
2 beets Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, chopped
4 teaspoons Love Beets Beet Powder