What to do
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly oil an 8″ by 8″ baking dish.
- Soak the dried cranberries in hot water for 1-2 minutes until plump. Drain and set aside.
- Add the rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the egg, almond milk, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and peanut butter to a blender and blend until well combined.
- Stir in the chopped beets.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture and stir to combine. The batter will be thin and liquid-y.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish and bake on the center rack for 50-60 minutes, until the cake tests clean.
- Allow cake to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into it.
What you’ll Need
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour (or any gluten-free all-purpose flour)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
2 Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, chopped