What to do
- Heat olive oil over a medium-high flame in a skillet. Add the sliced onions and sauté, stirring frequently until onions are sizzling.
- Reduce flame to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions have browned and are caramelized, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the butter over medium-high. Once it’s melted, add the pear and cook until they begin to turn transparent (about two minutes).
- Gently flip and continue cooking until pears are soft and have caramelized, about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and remove from the heat.
- Toast the baguette slices and smear about 1-2 tablespoons of goat chèvre on each slice. Top with sliced beets and caramelized pears and onions. Drizzle with honey and serve!
What you’ll Need
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large pears, peeled and sliced
Pinch of cinnamon
8 to 10 slices of baguette, toasted
8 to 10 tablespoons goat chèvre
1 (8.8-ounce) package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, sliced