What to do
Make the Sauce:
- In a medium sauce pot, heat the olive oil over moderately high-heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the fennel, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fennel has softened, about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and stir in the pumpkin or butternut squash purée, coconut cream, chili flakes, and water. Bring to a gentle simmer, about 10 to 12 minutes. Turn the heat to low, stir in the lemon juice, and keep warm.
Make the Gnocchi:
- In a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat, add the gnocchi and ¼ cup of water and 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and cover until lightly steamed through about 5 minutes. Remove cover, and continue cooking in pan until crispy on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove the gnocchi from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the beets and butter to the pan and cook until heated through. Add the beets the gnocchi and quickly fry the sage in the pan with another knob of butter until the sage is crisp.
- Transfer gnocchi and beets to hot plates and spoon over the white wine pumpkin sauce. Garnish with crispy sage, chopped parsley, Parmesan, and chili flakes. Serve hot and enjoy!
What you’ll Need
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
½ sweet white onion, thinly sliced
½ medium fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
½ tsp sea salt
1 cup white wine
1 cup pumpkin or butternut squash purée
1/3 cup coconut cream
½ tsp red chili pepper flakes
2 cups water
2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 packages Trader Joes Cauliflower Gnocchi
1 6.5 oz package Love Beets White Wine + Balsamic Beets, halved and sliced
2 tbsp salted butter
1 bunch fresh sage
Handful chopped fresh parsley