What to do
Make the Bars
- Line a 9 x 13 square rectangle casserole dish or Pyrex pan with parchment paper allowing the ends to overhang.
- In a large bowl mix to combine the oats, rice crisps, cranberries, goji berries, chocolate chips, pistachios, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat stir to combine the Love Beets powder, peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, and salt. Heat until melted into a beet-stained hot and pourable mixture.
- Pour the beet peanut butter mixture over the dry oat mixture and mix until everything is evenly coated. Using the back of a measuring cup, press the mixture into the pan until it is tightly packed. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut into 16 long rectangular bars and set over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Make the Glaze
- Combine the white chocolate chips, coconut oil, and beet powder in a small heatproof bowl set over a saucepot of boiling water. Heat until the mixture is hot and melted, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the glaze to a piping bag or sealable plastic bag snipped from the corner. Drizzle the glaze over the bars. Glaze will set in less than 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
*These will keep nicely, in an airtight container at room temp for up to 5 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
What you’ll Need
2 cups quick oats
2 cups brown rice cereal crisps–aka “rice krispies”
1 cup dried cranberries
½ cup dried goji berries
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
½ cup walnuts, chopped
¼ pumpkin seeds
¼ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup Love Beets Beet Powder
1 cup creamy peanut butter
¾ cup honey
¼ cup coconut oil
½ tsp salt
¼ cup white chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 to 3 tbsp Love Beets Beet Powder, for desired beet stain