What to do
- Add chopped beets and beet juice to a food processor and pulse several times until beets are shredded. Add the remaining ingredients for the marinade to the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Pour the marinade into a large zip lock bag and add the salmon filets. Seal the zip lock bag, ensuring all of the air is out. Place in the refrigerator and allow salmon to marinate overnight, up to 36 hours.
- When ready to cook, place your oven on the high broil setting. Place the oven rack second to the highest shelf.
- Remove the salmon filets from the zip lock bag and brush off any beet chunks. Discard with all of the marinade. Place fish on a broil pan or casserole dish. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil fish for 9 to 12 minutes on the shelf second to the top, until crispy and cooked through.
- Serve salmon with sautéed broccolini and chopped beets.
Notes: If you don’t have a food processor, you can grate the beets with a box grater and stir all of the ingredients for the marinade together in a bowl. Be careful when the fish is under the broiler – if it’s too close to the element, the oil on the fish can cause an oven fire.
What you’ll Need
2 1/2 pounds of salmon filets
1 8.8-ounce package of Love Beets cooked beets, chopped
Zest of 1 orange
3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup grapeseed or olive oil
2 tablespoons whole grain or stone ground mustard
5 cloves garlic, minced