What to do
- In a large (12-inch) sauté pan, heat the oil and butter to medium heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and allow them to cook cut-side down for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and the water and cook 3 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Place a cover over the Brussels sprouts and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed and Brussels sprouts have reached desired “done-ness.”
- Add the honey and chopped beets and heat just until the beets are hot (about 1-2 minutes).
- Transfer the sautéed Brussels sprouts and beets to a serving dish and add the blue cheese crumbles and chopped walnuts. Toss everything together and serve.
What you’ll Need
1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons honey
1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets, diced
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped