What to do
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the ricotta fritters in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil (or cooking oil) in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, form small circular patties out of the ricotta mixture and place in the hot skillet, leaving about 1 inch of room between the patties.
- Cook for two minutes and then carefully flip, cooking another two minutes. The fritters will be golden brown.
- Add the kale, sliced pears, pecans, and beets to a serving bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pure maple syrup, and sea salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the kale salad and toss until everything is coated.
- Serve salad on plates with ricotta fritters on top.
What you’ll Need
1 cup whole milk ricotta
1 large egg, beaten
1 clove garlic, minced
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 large heads kale, chopped
1 bosc pear, thinly sliced
1/4 cup raw pecans, chopped
1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoons pure maple syrup
Sea salt to taste