What to do
Prepare the Pie Crust
- Add all of the ingredients for the crust to a mixing bowl and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Press the crust into a 10-inch spring form pan. Place pan in the refrigerator while you prepare the pie filling.
Prepare the Cheesecake Filling
- Soak 2 cups of raw cashews overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Drain and rinse – note that 2 cups of raw cashews is more like 3 cups of soaked cashews!
- Place 2 cup of the soaked cashews in a blender, along with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, 1/4 cup coconut oil, both beets, and all of the blueberries.
- Blend until completely smooth (this will take multiple rounds of blending).
- Pour the beet-blueberry cheesecake mixture over the pie crust and spread evenly. Place the pie dish in the freezer and freeze for 20 minutes. Wash out the blender to prepare the next layer.
- Add the remaining soaked cashews (2 cups) to the blender, along with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup, and 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Blend until completely smooth.
- Remove the pie pan from the freezer and evenly spread the second layer of cheesecake filling over the first. Place pie in the freezer for one hour (or refrigerate for 2 hours).
Prepare the Beet Juice Reduction
- Add the beet juice and maple syrup to a small saucepan and heat to medium-high. Cook at a full boil until reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a small jar. Add the pure vanilla extract, stir, and refrigerate until chilled.
- When ready to serve the cheesecake, cut slices using a sharp knife. Drizzle desired amount of beet reduction over each slice, and enjoy!
What you’ll Need
2 cups almond meal or hazelnut meal
2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Zest of 1 lemon
2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, separated
6 tablespoons pure maple syrup, separated
1/2 cup coconut oil, separated
2 Love Beets Cooked Beets
1 cup blueberries
Beet Juice Reduction
1 cup beet juice
1-1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract