What to do
Our favorite barre babe, Brittni Whitesides, gave us the scoop on her vegan holiday “cheesecakes!”
- Place dates in food processor and pulse until ball forms. Scoop into a bowl and set aside.
- Add raw almonds to food processor and pulse until a meal forms.
- Add dates back into food processor and pulse until combined with almond meal. You might need to add a little water to offset the stickiness (about 1 tablespoon).
- Press a tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each compartment in a greased 12-slot muffin tin. Place in freezer.
- Add all of the filling ingredients to a food processor and blend on high until well mixed.
- Be ready to stop the mixer to scrape down the sides a few times!
- Once the mixture is well combined, pour about two spoonfuls into each compartment of the muffin tray, on top of the frozen crust.
- Each compartment should be filled about 3/4 of the way.
- When you’re ready to serve the cheesecakes, make the chocolate sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a pan over medium heat until melted.
- Remove the cheesecakes from their slots with a butter knife and drizzle the chocolate over each cake.
- Pop them back in the freezer for 15 minutes to get the chocolate to set.
What you’ll Need
1 cup soft pitted dates
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup soaked raw cashews
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets
1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint
1/4 cup cacao
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon pure peppermint