What to do
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prep potatoes by slicing thinly with a mandoline or a very sharp knife. It’s important that all of the slices are the same width for even cooking. Slice Love Beets Cooked Beets very thinly as well.
- In a small sauté pan, add 2 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until tender.
- Add olive oil, then whisk in broth, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Arrange potatoes and beets in concentric circles in a circular baking dish.
- Pour butter/broth mixture over potatoes/beets. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and return to oven for additional 8-10 minutes.
What you’ll Need
1 large purple sweet potato, sliced thinly
1 large regular sweet potato, sliced thinly
1 1/2 packages Love Beets Cooked Beets
3 tbsp dairy free or regular butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, minced (about ½ cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan