What to do
- Combine all ingredients for Cumin-Lime Tahini Dressing in a small blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a sealable container and refrigerate until ready to use. Note: the dressing with thicken as it chills.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil to a large skillet. Heat to medium and add the sliced yellow onions.
- Sauté until translucent; about 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to a medium-low flame and continue cooking for 45-50 minutes, until caramelized. Stir occasionally.
- While the onions are caramelizing, cook the quinoa by adding 2 cups of water to a saucepan and bringing to a full boil. Add rinsed quinoa, immediately reduce the heat to a simmer, place lid on the pot and cook until all the water is absorbed (20-25 minutes).
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare burrito bowls by adding desired mount of quinoa, kale, caramelized onions, black beans, and avocado to large bowls.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro and a healthy drizzle of the Cumin-Lime Tahini Dressing.
Note: you can sauté the kale and heat the black beans, or leave them cold. Both methods are delicious!
What you’ll Need
Cumin-Lime Tahini Dressing:
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup tahini
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 cup olive oil
2 yellow onions, sliced
1 cup dry quinoa
1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets
1 14-ounce can black beans
1 large head lacinato (dino) kale, leaves thinly sliced
1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped