What to do
- To prepare the buttercream frosting, mix powdered sugar and butter in a bowl with an electric mixer on low speed (or in a stand mixer).
- Add the vanilla extract and milk. Transfer to a sealable container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 12-container cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Add all of the ingredients for the cupcakes to a blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour cupcake batter into cups, filling 3/4 of the way up.
- Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cupcakes test clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and transfer to a wire rack once cool enough to handle. Allow cupcakes to cool for 30 minutes before frosting them with buttercream frosting.
What you’ll Need
Red Velvet Cupcakes
1 cup shredded Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets
2/3 cup almond milk
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk or almond milk
Pinch sea salt