What to do
- Cook the lentils according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat sliced butternut squash and red onion with olive oil and spread them on a baking sheet (or two baking sheets if necessary.)
- Roasted for 20-25 minutes, flipping half-way through. Butternut squash is finished when it’s tender and golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter or bowl.
- Roast cubed halloumi on an oiled baking sheet for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Add cooked lentils, roasted vegetables, halloumi, chopped beets, pomegranate seeds, and parsley to a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange zest, orange juice, za’atar, and sea salt. Pour over salad and enjoy!
What you’ll Need
1 cup dry lentils
1 small butternut squash, sliced
1/2 medium red onion, cut into wedges
1 (8-ounce) package halloumi, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
1 (8.8-ounce) package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, chopped
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 teaspoon za’atar seasoning
Sea salt to taste