What to do
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, water and beet juice until no lumps remain. Add salt and melted butter and continue to whisk until well incorporated.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium-low. For first crepe, coat pan with a bit of butter or oil (not necessary to repeat with each crepe).
- Using a ladle, add just enough batter to coat the pan in a thin layer. Tilt the pan to evenly coat. Let cook until small bubbles form and until the crepe looks dry – about 2 minutes. Flip and cook another minute. Repeat with all batter.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, sauté kale and asparagus in 1 tbsp olive oil for about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble crepe, spread with hummus, then top with sautéed kale and asparagus, Love Beets White Wine + Balsamic Beets (diced), avocado microgreens, fresh dill and sesame seeds (optional). Enjoy!
What you’ll Need
1 cup chickpea/garbanzo bean flour
1 cup water
¼ cup Love Beets Organic Beet Juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp melted vegan butter
1 cup asparagus, ends removed
1 cup kale, chopped
1 package Love Beets White Wine + Balsamic Beets
½ cup hummus of choice
½ of a ripe avocado