What to do
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté until onion softens and browns slightly.
- Add the chard, putting stems in first, so they have better contact with the heat source. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 3 minutes or so, until chard cooks down a bit.
- Add beets and their juice and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix sriracha sauce, maple syrup and a few healthy pinches of salt and pour that into the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for a couple minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle pomegranate arils over the top before serving.
View Shrinking Kitchen’s original recipe here.
What you’ll Need
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch red Swiss chard, chopped (chop the stems, too)
1 medium onion, quartered and sliced thinly
1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets Cooked Beets, chopped (save the liquid in the package)
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (or to taste)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons pomegranate arils, for garnish