What to do
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, mayo, and lemon juice and roughly smash the beans with a fork, leaving about a third of them whole.
- Stir in the celery and green onions, honey, celery seeds, garlic powder, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Fold in the diced beets until the mixture is just barely stained pink.
- Taste to adjust for seasoning adding more salt if needed, a few pinches at a time until the flavor is almost umami-like, but is not too salty.
- Toast the bread, thinly slice the radishes, and cut the snap peas into 1-inch lengths.
- Spread the bean-beet salad over slices of toasted bread.
- Top with the radishes, sugar snap peas, and micro herbs.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and several grinds of black pepper.
What you’ll Need
White Bean + Beet Salad
2 13-ounce cans or boxed cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 stalks celery, diced small
4 green onions, sliced
1 teaspoon honey
¾ teaspoon celery seeds
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
½-¾ teaspoon sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 (6.5-ounce) package Love Beets Organic Mild Vinegar Beets, diced
Toast + Toppings
6 to 8 slices bread, of your choice
3 watermelon radishes
12 green sugar snap peas
Micro herbs, such as micro cilantro
Olive oil, for drizzling
Flaky salt and black pepper