What to do
- Prepare the Russian dressing by stirring all of the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined. Taste for flavor and add more hot sauce and/or horseradish to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Assemble the Rueben by toasting the bread and layering with Swiss cheese, Smoky Shredded BBQ Beets, sauerkraut, and desired amount of Russian dressing.
- To serve sandwiches hot, preheat the oven to 400°F, and place sandwiches on baking sheet.
- Bake until heated through (5-7 mins).
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve with additional Russian dressing for dipping.
What you’ll Need
4 slices dark rye bread, toasted
4 slices Swiss cheese
1 (6.5oz) container of Love Beets Smoky Shredded BBQ Beets
2/3 cup sauerkraut, drained
1 tablespoon fine chopped onion
2/3 cup veganaise or mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon horseradish (or to taste)
1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco or Crystal
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Pinch sea salt