What to do
- Over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil until the onion is fragrant and translucent.
- Add in diced sweet potatoes and water, and continue to cook until potato is tender (about five minutes). Stir in kale and tofu, and cook until kale turns a darker green. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Lightly grease an oven-safe baking dish with olive oil. Spread sautéed veggies into an even layer across the bottom of the dish.
- Top with handfuls of fresh spinach, sundried tomatoes, and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until well incorporated – small bubbles should start to form! Pour in your milk or nut milk of choice for fluffiness and salt to taste. Continue to beat for thirty seconds.
- Pour eggs into baking dish, ensuring that all of the veggies are evenly covered.
- Top with sliced beets, mushrooms, jalapeño, and tomato.
Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes, increasing to 375° for the final 5-7 minutes to achieve a golden brown top.
What you’ll Need
1 to 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 medium Spanish onion, diced
1/2 medium sweet potato, diced
1/2 cup kale, chopped
1/2 cup tofu, cubed
1/2 cup fresh spinach
1/3 cup sundried tomato, chopped
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup milk (or unsweetened nut milk of choice)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Love Beets Organic Cooked Beet, sliced into rounds
1 baby portabella mushroom, sliced
1 jalapeño, sliced
1 yellow tomato, sliced