What to do
- Prepare miso dipping sauce by whisking all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
- Press tofu to drain of excess liquid by placing a folded paper towel on top of the whole cube, and weighing down a cast iron pan on top. This should be done over a cutting board, plate, or surface that you don’t mind getting wet. Leave to press for 20 minutes, then slice into 3/4 inch slices.
- Heat the oil and teriyaki sauce in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the tofu slices on the hot skillet and allow them to cook until crispy and caramelized, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside until ready to use.
- Cut the stem off the collard leaves and shave the stem so that it’s flush with the leaf.
- Add desired amount of sliced red cabbage, alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, sliced beets, and tofu to the flattened leaf, then roll like a burrito.
- Serve with miso dipping sauce.
What you’ll Need
Miso Dipping Sauce:
2 tablespoons white miso paste
2 tablespoons coconut milk
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 pound extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
6 large collard leaves
2 ounces alfalfa sprouts
2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
1/2 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets Cooked Beets, sliced