What to do
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook lentils and brown rice according to package directions.
- Add all ingredients (including cooked lentils and rice) to a large mixing bowl.
- Using your hands (preferably) or a large wooden spoon, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Let mixture sit for 15-20 minutes (so flax meal can absorb liquid).
- Using a tablespoon or cookie dough scoop, scoop out the mixture and roll into evenly sized meatballs.
- Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, let cool slightly before eating.
What you’ll Need
1 cup cooked lentils (3/4 cup dry)
1/2 cup cooked short grain brown rice (⅓ cup dry)
1 package Love Beets Smoky Shredded Beets, chopped
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (gluten free or regular)
1/3 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 cup shredded parmesan (vegan or regular)
1/4 cup flax meal
¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp tomato paste