What to do
- Combine the flour and black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk together the egg, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of water in a second small bowl. Combine the crispy chickpea flour or breadcrumbs, the sliced almonds, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt in another small bowl.
- Roll the goat cheese into 12 balls and then roll each ball first in the garbanzo flour, then dipped into the egg mixture, and then dredged through the ground crispy chickpea flour or breadcrumbs and almond mixture. Place on a tray and freeze balls for at least 15 minutes until firm.
- Heat the oil in a deep small saucepan over medium-high heat. Fry the goat cheese, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and crisp on all sides. Remove balls with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Skewer a piece of chopped apple, halved strawberry, basil, cucumber, a crispy goat cheese ball, repeat with halved strawberry and basil, and finish with one whole white wine and balsamic beet, in that order if you’d like. (You can fold any larger basil leaves as needed). Repeat with all skewers and place on a serving dish.
- Drizzle with syrupy balsamic vinegar just before serving and top with micro greens, if desired. Best enjoyed right away!
What you’ll Need
¼ cup garbanzo bean flour
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 egg + 1 tbsp water, beaten for egg wash
¾ tsp sea salt
1 cup crispy chickpeas, pulsed in a food processor to form a fine flour, or substitute with gluten-free bread crumbs
¼ cup sliced almonds
8 oz. goat cheese
1 cup avocado or vegetable oil, for frying
2 (6.5 oz) packages Love Beets White Wine and Balsamic Beets
1 apple, cored and chopped
12 small strawberries, halved
½ cup English cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 cup fresh basil leaves
¼ cup good quality (thick and syrupy) balsamic vinegar