What to do
- Preheat oven to 415°F.
- Spread the sweet potato rounds in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Spread the carrots and turnips evenly over another baking sheet.
- Drizzle all of the veggies with olive oil and use your heads to coat the full surface of the veggies.
- Sprinkle with salt and place both baking sheets in the oven. Roast for 20 minutes, then remove the carrots and turnips. Flip the sweet potatoes and roast for an additional 5-10 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Add all the ingredients for the tahini sauce to a small blender and blend until smooth. Taste for flavor and add more sea salt, maple syrup, or nutmeg to taste.
- Divide the rice among 3-4 bowls, then add heaping handfuls of arugula to each bowl, along with the desired amount of roasted carrots, turnips, sweet potato, and beets.
- Top with a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds and drizzle with nutmeg tahini dressing. Serve and enjoy!
What you’ll Need
For the Rice Bowls
1-1-/2 cups black rice, uncooked
1 bunch rainbow carrots, peeled and carrots
1 large turnip, peeled and chopped
1 large sweet potato, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
1 (8.8-ounce) package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, chopped
5 ounces baby arugula
1/3 cup pomegranate arils
For the Dressing
3 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch sea salt