They’ve got the Beet: Red Velvet Overnight Oats With Raspberry Beet Purée by Flora & Vino
These Red Velvet Overnight Oats with Raspberry Beet Purée taste like the chocolate cake with simple ingredients that you mix together the night before.
Can I interest you in a red velvet-inspired breakfast make your busy week and little less busy and lot tastier?
They’re thick, chocolate-y, lightly sweet, and packed with protein and texture.
An easy 2-ingredient raspberry-beet purée made with roasted beets and fresh raspberries is the secret to achieving that red velvet color and flavor.
Earthy sweet beets paired with tart raspberries and raw cacao powder are the trifecta of dessert flavors here, lightly sweetened with maple syrup.
If you’re looking for a lower sugar option, you can omit the maple syrup out entirely and add extra berries, but I think it tastes best included.
The raspberry-beet purée below makes extra, so try doubling or tripling the oats recipe to make multiples for the week!
- RED VELVET OVERNIGHT OATS
- ½ cup GF old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 TBSP chia seed
- 1 TBSP chocolate protein powder (OPTIONAL)
- 1 TBSP raw cacao powder
- ½-1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1 TBSP nut butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup raspberry beet purée (recipe below)
- RASPBERRY BEET PUREEE*
- 1 packageLove Beets (or sub 1 cup peeled and steamed beets)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- fresh raspberries
- chopped dark chocolate
- your favorite granola
- First, make the raspberry beet purée by adding beets and raspberries to a blender and processing until you have a thick red purée. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- To make the red velvet velvet overnight oats, add all ingredients to a mason jar and mix gently with a spoon to combine.
- Cover the jar and add to the fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.
- In the morning, serve with fresh raspberries, chopped dark chocolate, and your favorite granola.
Check out this & more recipes from Lauren on her blog Flora & Vino!